Monday, September 14, 2015

Dzanc Books honored my decades-long wish for this to be its cover

Dzanc Books, a wonderful company that seeks to rEprint literary fiction, bought both Velocity and Some Girls (Hollywood Savage was turned into an E-book by Simon & Schuster, apparently under the contract -- yes, I am sooooo careful when somebody wants to give me money!)

Anyway I love Dzanc, and they finally let me put up the cover I always wanted for my first novel, which happens to be a painting by the very brilliant, multi-talented Jeffrey Bennett, who back in school was filming Jared Harris' first film, painting, and graduating with a degree in Engineering (civil?  perhaps not!  Electrical, mechanical?  I imagine both, but I don't know (not really) --

anyway here's the cover, in its gorgeous noir indigo with ochre representation of a railway crossing in Durham, North Carolina, late in the evening (nine?  ten??) just before the sun went down and meant it:

No comments:

Post a Comment