Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Texting As a New Dialect

RE TEXTING AS NEW DIALECT:

            Texting changing the face of the language. (I abbrev w the besta them), but God I love the voluptuousness of words in full.  Voluptuous being a great eg of onomatopeia. 
            Bette Midler on the radio, on Billie and Simone and TLC, too, along with Fats Waller.   'What a world,' she says. 'I shake my head all day.'
            TY minor &/or major gods/goddesses for:
            Libraries and radio,  music and dancing, brilliant comrades & crackling dialogue,  sometimes even in real life --
            For sweet, long kisses that are their own vocabulary, for the sudden bolt of recognition when you meet some seemingly unassuming human being, and realize:  (thank you, INXS)
            you're one a my.
            Tribe!
            Lookit that.  Dam 'puter capped that last word.  Where was the period prompting that?  Do not like being re-styled by some prim English teacher from app. days yore stuck in the system. 
            TESTING TESTING TESTING:
            Go fuck yourself.
            OK well.  At least it didn't change it to duck yourself.
           
            Lately, saying the words as I type them.  Hear 'em in my head anyway.  But still; c'est etrange.  Estrange.  Estrangement.  THERE'S a word for ya.
            Whoever y'are.
            Is this a blog?
            I'm thinking yes.
            If so, surely it should end anytime now.
            Any time.

            Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment